Monitoring the health of your software application is important. Maintaining a healthy software application will benefit its stakeholders. Hence, there are software tool that lets IT professionals keep an eye on computer performance and system health across their network.
What is Software Application Health Monitoring
Technology is everywhere. It has enhanced the way we do business, the way we communicate. It streamlines processes, tracks inventory, monitors systems, behaviors. The applications are endless and when working properly, you can almost forget it is there. However, when it is not working properly, the effects are felt immediately and can ripple through your business with detrimental consequences.
Maintenance Programs are great for having a plan in place to repair faulty technology, or in some cases, to perform routine maintenance in order to prevent equipment failures. System health monitoring, however, monitors system performance from day one and looks for variations in performance. Some variations may be anomalies and if not repeated will be reported as such. However, consistent patterns or alterations in performance could indicate a system is heading for failure, or a component is no longer optimized.
Goasl Of Application Health Monitoring
- Taking maximum advantage over a company’s resources.
- Instance prevention and problem detection.
- Notifying possible issues
- You will be able to configure events and alarms related with them. Some examples of alarms can be applied to warn about full hard drives, RAM occupation at over 80%, excessive access to discs with writing permissions, too many threads open on the same system, etc.
- Being able to access executive information on the status of our installations and checking up on our most critical technological assets.
- Access to our computer system’s status in real time.
- Improve the efficiency and performance in maintenance tasks performed on the system.
- Detecting instance origins.
- Creating system inventories (maps, lists).
- Planning growth based on the real use of your systems. Through usage reports, you can detect tendencies and know when you’ll need more storage space, a new server, or a memory upgrade.
- Cost reduction
Best Software Health Monitoring and Reporting Tools
Task Manager is a well-known application available inside Windows. Therefore, probably you heard or used it if you are an experienced Windows user. This tool is there for monitoring processes on the Microsoft Windows operating system. Furthermore, this application shows all applications running at that time and its current state. To find ‘task manager’ just search “task manager” on the search box.
This is also a pre-built with windows, performance monitoring tool. Performance Monitor acts as a real-time and as a log-based performance monitoring tool for OS. The Performance Monitor counts the performance by making system calls retrieve system counters. To find ‘performance monitor’ just search “performance monitor” on the search box.
Intel XTU tool is from the original processor manufacturer Intel. This simple Windows-based performance-tuning software helps to overclock, monitor, and stress a system. The software gives a set of robust features common in most enthusiast platforms along with special new features available on new Intel Application Processors and Intel Motherboards.
AMD Rayzen Master
Every AMD Ryzen processor is multiplier-unlocked from the factory. AMD provides the AMD Ryzen Master utility to access this powerful advantage. Thus, you can personalize performance to your taste with this tool. AMD Ryzen Master provides for up to four profiles to store custom clocks and voltage adjustments for both the Ryzen CPU and DDR4 memory. You can park cores and also adjust memory timings. AMD Ryzen Master has you covered with both real-time monitoring and a histogram of per-core clock rates and temperature, including average and peak readings.
HWmonitor is also a hardware monitoring tool that reads your computer main health sensors like voltages, temperatures and fans speed. The program handles the most common sensor chips. The tool can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well as hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.
System health monitoring is a safeguard that not only protects your investment. However, it also takes the guesswork out of troubleshooting. And likewise diagnosing potential issues. Hence, lessening the burden on IT staffs. However, think of it as the thread that weaves through your fabric. And likewise helps hold it together.