Maxar is seeking an independent, creative and driven Software Developer to help our team in Atlanta, GA b y analyzing and characterizing big data and a range of other data sources for National Security purposes. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and able to learn quickly.
- We build advanced algorithms to gain analytic insights from a large range of open source and government data
- We enable machine learning systems, automate workflow, and design and develop custom applications for unique national-security mission
- We operate an end-to-end predictive analytics platform unlike any other within the US Government
- We provide training to expand your skills and challenges to develop them
- Our client’s missions are vital to national security, so we’re mission-first always
- Our work environment is relaxed business casual
- At our, core we believe and practice social responsibility
What would you be doing?
- C ontribute to the development of data analytics, user workflows and interfaces, security authentication, and service call architecture comprising a family of applications in our software suite
- Test prototype software and evaluate complex, cutting-edge systems that focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of data to extract meaningful knowledge , as well as test web front end UI applications
- Work with emerging technologies and data science techniques in support of endeavors to address the critical needs of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and other government agencies.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of technical experience
- Willing to work onsite in Atlanta, GA; remote work may be possible if accompanied by superior qualifications
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Scrum Master role/duties
- Familiarity with Configuration Management (CI/CD workflows)
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM, Rackspace)
- C ontainerization (Docker, Linux containers, Jails)
- The familiarity of IC analyst workflows
- Experience with SSL/PKI, to include the ability to isolate and resolve SSL-related server and client issues
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with development tools such as Git, Eclipse, Maven
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills to include active listening
- Linux experience
- Ability to automate UI tests
- Create test plans for software
- Knowledge of testing REST APIs, including tools for automation
- Scripting language experience is a plus
MAXAR Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job was first published here.