ALM tools support standard agile practices by integrating with core processes. The tools provide access to information for stakeholders.
Agile teams use Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools to aid them with their test processes. Thus, paving way to Agile ALM, the key to unlocking efficiencies in the enterprise. The use of the right Agile ALM tools can bring benefits to the organization, particularly the agile team.
Benefits of ALM
The implementation of Application Lifecycle Management tools in Agile can help agile teams through its benefits.
Visibility is one benefit of Application Lifecycle Management. Hence, it provides the business with more control on each phase of the lifecycle of the application. Likewise, ALM allows the co-existence of processes, people, procedures, and tools. All for the development and support of repeatable and predictable software.
With ALM, collaboration of agile teams working on an application is better. Likewise, it allows the development, sharing and enforcement of software development practices.
The seamless flow of information and requirements can reduce time and resources needed for the development. Thus, eliminating software errors and issues present in the early stages of development.
Agile Application Lifecycle Management practice collaboration. Furthermore, the sharing and putting together of ideas and opinions can devise a better and improved plan. Not only that, it can likewise devise a better and improved design, too.
Uses Of Application LIfecycle Management
What does ALM basically do? Application Lifecycle Management can do these things for the software and the organization:
- Organize, synchronizes and coordinate the lifecycle activities for developing or changing software applications:
- Quality Assurance
- Release and Deployment
- Software maintenance
- Document and track workflow and completion
Agile Application Lifecycle Management
Agile ALM uses Agile processes to manage issues, requirements,and tests. It is used by development teams to manage their project lifecycles.
Thus, the implementation of Agile to ALM can help you to:
- deliver quality releases quickly.
- improve collaboration across teams.
- prioritize customer needs.
Tips When Moving Into Agile ALM
Here are some important points to remember when you move into AgileALM.
- Be sure to select the appropriate tool for Application Lifecycle Management
- Incorporate planning tools
- Incorporate reporting and analytics tools
- Leverage scoped work tools
- Incorporate version control
- Never forget quality assurance – quality assurance is something which must never be forgotten. That is, quality assurance is primarily the reason why testing is done.
- Incorporate automation – automation may not be possibly applied to the whole system, but still it is encouraged. Automation makes task accomplishment faster.
- Involve the team in every activity possible – it is the job of the agile team to choose what tools to use for the test.
- A feedback system must be instituted – feedback is, indeed, primarily important. This is where you get ideas as to how the system is doing.
- Selected tools must handle governance
Implementing Agile application lifecycle management is one way of ensuring of having better system. Thus end users are assured of a better and developed product.
Furthermore, agile teams will be more efficient and eventually, be more productive with the application of agile ALM and the use of its tools.