Salient CRGT is seeking a Quality Assurance / Test Engineer on a 10-year government contract. This role provides an opportunity to interact with our customers, participate in the development of software system solutions for government agencies, and be part of a highly successful team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner and has a track record of performing analysis and manual and automated testing using a high level of judgment and initiative with minimum supervision and direction. Proactively communicates and collaborates with project stakeholders to analyze information needs and testing requirements. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation. Work will be performed at the client site in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for manual and automated testing duties to support operations and maintenance of applications for a federal customer. Will maintain full operational status consistent with SLAs, test upgrades to ensure compatibility with underlying WebLogic environment. The candidate will work closely with the current and potential future users of image processing systems, records management systems, content management software applications, public facing internet websites and intranet portals to design and develop effective, user friendly solutions.
He / She will work in an Agile software development environment, participate in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, release planning, backlog grooming, prototyping and demonstrating prototypes to the product owners and users. Once the solutions are deployed, the candidate will be responsible for providing user support while supporting continual enhancements to the web applications, internet and intranet applications.
- Manages testing team.
- Develops test cases and test scripts that reflect the business requirements.
- Performs manual and automated testing.
- Develops the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track requirements and test cases.
- Develops documentation and training materials as required.
- Assumes responsibility for the completion of and quality of project deliverables.
- Works closely with other testers, analysts, designers, developers, system administrators, and other team members.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years managing testing teams.
- 5+ years of experience working with development teams as a quality/test engineer.
- 5+ years of experience with testing tools and frameworks.
- 5+ years of experience using analytical, problem solving, research, and time management skills.
- 5+ years of experience developing test approaches and test execution plans.
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies a plus.
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus.
- Understanding of QA process for software development, debugging and release.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work directly with client and contractor technical and management personnel.