Oregon Mutual Insurance Company, a regional carrier is the western states, offers a wonderful opportunity to perform, excel and grow in the insurance industry as a QA Analyst within the IT team! We are seeking highly motivated QA professionals! Telecommuting opportunity for the right candidates.
Minimum qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Professional experience in software quality assurance and testing of multiple applications with significant size, scope and complexity is required.
- Experience using automated testing software, including but not limited to: Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Mocha, etc.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Thorough understanding of test design and a variety of test techniques, including white box and black box testing.
- Basic to advanced knowledge and/or experience in testing methodologies, analyzing, business processes, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with defect management, tracking and reporting tools, preferably Jira.
- Good analytical aptitude.
- Proven experience mentoring and leading others.
- Proven strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Strategic thinking: Improve ability to see the big picture and take a longer range, broader business perspective. Learn to step back from the day-to-day tactical details of the business and focus on the “why”,
not just the “what and “how.”
- Communication: Demonstrate to others that you value what they have to say. Use active listening,
open-ended questions, body language, and eliminate distractions that get in the way of your ability to listen. Communicate in an authentic way that inspires others.
- Coaching/Leadership: Learn to guide and help develop others in the department. Learn to implement and sustain change in the department, division and company.
- Cross-functional knowledge and perspective: Learn about other aspects of the business. Improve your understanding of the insurance industry. Get closer to our customers and understand what they need and value.
Oregon Mutual Insurance is committed to exceptional customer service. Employees enjoy a sound work-life balance, competitive benefits and the opportunity to work for a company that has served customers for more than 100 years. In addition to benefits already offered, we also include a free onsite workout facility and free parking in our McMinnville location!
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job was first published here.