Octo Consulting Group – Rockville, MD 20852
Octo Consulting is seeking a Test Engineer to join their growing team in support of a Federal customer. The selected candidate must be knowledgeable and experienced as a Quality Assurance/Test Engineer for testing web-based and desktop applications, software engineering practices, quality assurance standards, interpretation of product requirements, test plan development, test case development, and testing of software functionality, performance, load, installation, and usability (508 compliance experience a plus).
- Test plan and test case development
- Manual and automated testing of software functionality, installation, and regression
- Test report documentation
- Coordination and prioritization of testing activities and the ability to work with multiple development teams and software projects are also
- critical for the selected candidate
- Candidate must have the ability to independently troubleshoot software and operating system level
- installation and configuration issues
- 2-3 years of experience in Software Test Management support/processes
- BS Degree
- Experience with Quality Assurance practices and Testing Methodologies
- Test Plan and Test Case Development based on software engineering documentation (testing based on product requirements)
- Experience with executing functional, usability, and deployment testing
- Experience with automated testing applications
- Experience with reporting of test results
- Demonstrated Documentation and Reporting experience
- Experience testing in an agile development environment
- Document management system experience
- Excellent analytical and problem determination skills
- Basic understanding of program interfaces, services, databases, messaging, files systems, and other program objects insert required skills and years of experience
About Octo Consulting Group, Inc.
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you’ll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you’ll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This job was published at https://recruit.hirebridge.com. To apply, click here.