Test automation is a method in software testing. It makes use of special software tools to control the execution of tests.
Automated tests can run repeatedly at any time of day. This approach fits in with continuous testing. Also, with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) software development practices. Hence, this aims to shuttle code changes to production without gates that require manual intervention.
Benefits Of Automated Testing
- Automated testing can boost a QA team’s efficiency.
- Higher accuracy as well as better reporting capabilities, coverage, resource efficiency, bug detection and re-usability.
- Automation helps the QA team avoid application testing mistakes and executes checks in a faster time frame than a person.
- Some test automation tools have reporting capabilities that log each test script to show users the status of each test.
- Automated testing enables staff to avoid manual tests and focus on other project priorities.
Test automation require the services of people. Below are the different personalities involved in automation testing and their duties and responsibilities.
- Defining the testing activities for subordinates – testers or test engineers.
- All responsibilities of test planning.
- To check if the team has all the necessary resources to execute the testing activities.
- To check if testing is going hand in hand with the software development in all phases.
- Prepare the status report of testing activities.
- Required Interactions with customers.
- Updating project manager regularly about the progress of testing activities.
Test Engineers/QA Testers/QC Testers
- To read all the documents and understand what needs to be tested.
- Decide how testing is to be done, based on the information procured.
- Inform the test lead about what all resources will be required for software testing.
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities.
- Execute all the test case and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect.
- Carry out regression testing every time when changes are made to the code to fix defects.
Overview Of Software Engineering Team
Many times developers come under pressure as the delivery date approaches closer this often affects the quality of the software. Hence, work organization and planning is important and sticking to the plan is very important.
Therefore, the project manager should ensure that there are no obstacles in the development process. Hence, if there is an issue, it must be resolved with immediate attention.
Overview Of Software Testing Team
Primarily, every team member must know what duties he or she has to perform. Hence, they will be able to finish their duties as required well within the time limit. It is important to keep track of the testers’ performance.
It is also very important to check what kind of defects the tester is able to uncover. And also what kind of detects he tends to miss. Thus, it will give you a fair idea about how serious your team is about the work.
To Wrap Up
Testers have duties and responsibilities to perform. Similarly, the team has other members, too, aside from the testers. Hence, every member of the team has their own tasks to perform. Thus ensuring the success of the project.