Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are looking for strong candidates that will become members of the SGIT Development and QA team based in Houston, TX. Main responsibilities of the job role include:
- Plan, design, develop, and execute testing of Schneider Electric ADMS solutions for customers in North America
- Ensure all customer requirements are covered by test cases
- Identify risks and create test strategies for addressing these risks
- Use testing tools to manage test suites and track issues through their resolution
- Report test status and defect status to internal groups and customers
- Assist developers in resolving issues by providing information and insight
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with internal groups and customers
- Establish work priorities in a clear, organized and systematic way, and adhere to task deadlines
- Creative candidates that have an ability to see the overall picture and be strong team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3 or more years of experience in Quality Assurance testing of commercial software or the SCADA industry
- Passion for contributing to the continual improvement of software quality
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Communication skills with the ability to analyze and explain technical issues to lay audiences
- Team player with experience in cross-team collaboration to ensure successful delivery of high-quality solutions
- Willingness to take on new tasks and show an open attitude towards exposure to new areas
- Capable of being diplomatic in communications and customer interactions
- Experience with Schneider Electric ESCADA or ADMS systems is a distinct advantage
- Experience with testing of large-scale software for highly-redundant, mission-critical systems
- Experience with the use of testing tools, defect tracking software, source control management systems, build systems
- Education in testing methodology and best practices
- Experience in using SCADA simulators and hardware
What you can expect:
- Schneider Electric’s desirable global benefits plan
- Dynamic global working environment and great career opportunity through Schneider Electric’s programs
- Environment to learn and excel
- Occasional domestic and international travels to education training sites and customer locations
- Collaboration with top World experts in Electrical Distribution Management industry and our ADMS product suite
- Possibility to quickly gain wide and deep comprehension of ADMS knowledge in smart grid solutions
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job was first published here.