You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you’ll do the best work of your life when you’re living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today’s libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
OCLC has a dedicated team of Quality Assurance (QA) professionals who are obsessed with building quality products and services in the right way. The QA team works daily to understand our customer’s needs, and then uses that understanding to ensure that all deliveries not only exceed our customers’ expectations, but also meet our own high standards of software quality and exceptional user-experience.
At OCLC, QA is involved in the entire project process: monitoring and improving the process, making sure that any agreed-upon standards and procedures are followed, and ensuring that problems are found and dealt with. It’s all oriented to prevention!
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Intern with development experience. As a Quality Assurance Intern, you will be an integral part of an agile team, working interactively with product management, software developers, test engineers and business analysts to analyze software requirements, and provide test coverage for software functionality, security, reliability, and performance.
Dates for the internship will be from May 11, 2020 to May 2021, working full time during the summer hours and part time during the school year.
- Development of manual and automated software tests, record test results, analyze test failures, and report and raise issues to the team where appropriate.
- Analyze requirement specifications and collaborate with teams to improve requirements, define acceptance criteria, and ensure traceability between requirements and test coverage.
- Attend key Agile development ceremonies, peer reviews on test conditions, test cases, test procedures and test scripts.
- Provide input to team documentation, including test planning, strategies, and bug reports.
- Propose/implement improvements that result in increased efficiency and reduced risk.
- Develops knowledge of testing tools, environments and other applicable technology.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drive and enthusiasm about testing and software development.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related degree.
- Good written and oral communications.
Desired but not required:
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Processes and Methodologies
If you’re a student looking to gain skills in:
- Learning how agile software development teams utilize automation to improve speed and confidence
- Developing test frameworks that facilitate the creation and maintenance of scalable automated testing that:
- Increases products and application test coverage
- Decreases testing cycle durations
- Identifies bugs early in the development cycle
Then, come join our team!
This job was first published here.