King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our fast-paced and highly successful PeopleSoft team! This position will use one of the latest PeopleSoft technologies, the PeopleSoft Test Framework, to develop and support testing automation and quality assurance work for our entire team!
This engineer will lead the creative process of building and enhancing the testing automation and quality assurance practice based on business requirements, user stories and vendor updates.
About the PeopleSoft Team:
The PeopleSoft Team is a part of the Business Resource Center (BRC) within King County’s Department of Executive Services. The BRC is an independent agency chartered with enabling business value through the enablement of integrated systemic solutions and the support of those solutions. The BRC manages the County’s ERP applications, to include, Oracle PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS, Oracle Business Intelligence, and Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services.
The BRC embraces Lean, continuous improvement, best practices, empowers innovation, and strives for second-to-none customer service.
BRC and King County True North and Values: https://www.kingcounty.gov/elected/executive/constantine/initiatives/true-north.aspx
The PeopleSoft Team is chartered with enabling and supporting the many Agencies and Business Partners across King County. We strive to effectively partner with all our customers on value driven process improvements and initiatives. We also partner with our BRC counterparts on cross-functional or joint initiatives and support the on-going operations of the PeopleSoft system.
We are currently running Oracle PeopleSoft version 9.2, selections through Image 32. We have started building environments in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) with the intention of staying as current as possible. Our long-term strategy includes planning for continued migration into the Cloud.
About the Position:
Are you passionate about quality and testing? Do you want to be in a role where you can influence quality throughout the lifecycle, as well as, providing a key qualitative assessment of project delivery readiness?
We are looking for a talented QA Engineer who can straddle the technical – functional fence to join our team.
What you will accomplish – Successful candidate for the position will be able to demonstrate skill and ability, at a minimum to:
- Define, design and drive an automation test strategy that supports system design and feature enhancements as part of the software development life cycle process for release sets
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to evaluate test automation readiness from a catalog of manual tests; assess test script automation prioritization based on value; maintain test script library, test requirements, and test scripts; coordinate release set testing cycles and ensure test automation needs are met
- Be an overall quality leader to advance, maintain and support quality assurance practices and provide system and user support for the PeopleSoft Test Framework tool
- Deliver QA artifacts; investigate test pass failures by working with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Partner with and support the Release Set Manager on test activities throughout the software development lifecycle
- Inspire the team to advance and support quality assurance best practices and testing automation
- Research and recommend new enhancements to test processes and tools
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO
- Have strong academic or practical knowledge in test management methodologies and practices, designing and developing test automation, and quality assurance best practices
- Knowledge of software development concepts, Lean and Agile best practices, configuration and environment management, and process reengineering, including source control and release processes
- Are Self-driven and reliable, a proactive team player with attention to detail and demonstrated initiative
- Quick learner with a practiced and analytical problem-solving approach
- Have solid communication skills with a functional and customer lens in building and maintaining relationships with team members, business partners and agency staff
- Have the ability to flex and adapt as required, while working in a multifaceted environment
- Balance a strong work ethic with a positive attitude and sense of humor!
- Familiar with PeopleSoft or other enterprise software
- Love Technology and Teamwork!
Why King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) is a great place to work!
King County offers great benefits, to include a pension, bank holidays, telecommute days, transit pass, and training and education opportunities to promote growth and equity and social justice.
Our focus is to provide our employees a work life balance
- Competitive – healthcare plans;
- Flexible – work environment;
- Free – transportation options;
- On–Site – gym;
- Manager Support – structured employee assistance program;
- Paid – vacation time (in addition to paid holidays);
- Paid – sick leave;
- Paid – parental leave;
- Deferred – compensation plan;
- Employer contributions – to state pension plan;
- Ten – paid holidays and Two Additional personal holidays!
What your co-workers have said about working in the Business Resource Center.
“The Business Resource Center provides an environment with highly diverse work groups and business partners, offering opportunities for professional growth and challenges, learning new skills and the latest technology and applications.”
“Employee ideas and contributions are highly valued and supported by supervisors and managers, and employees are able to offer solutions to issues that can be brought before business partners and stakeholders.”
“Employees have the freedom to manage their own workload, which is both challenging and rewarding. Work involves not only resolving issues and finding the root cause of problems, but also interacting directly with business partners and experiencing the positive feedback of their appreciation.”
“The job is constantly evolving, providing new professional challenges and opportunities for growth, and this comes with a supportive environment with others around you who are rooting for your success as much as their own.”
Living in Seattle, Washington
- King County Website
- Washington State
How to I apply?
This position is open to all applicants. A King County application is required. We highly suggest including a cover letter and resume with your submission.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrés Boyer, Senior Recruiter, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 206-263-8388. Connect with me on LinkedIn!
King County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we encourage people of color, women, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
- This position is represented by Local 17 – Information Technology;
- The successful candidate must pass a background and reference check prior to appointment.
This was first published here.