Our Enterprise Data Analytics team is looking for motivated QA Engineer II to join the company as we continue to grow. You will be part of a development team working on building in-house software and tools. This position exists to ensure design quality while making sure that the software adheres to quality standards for testing all software products that are either built in-house or configured on the cloud. If you enjoy software planning, testing, and analytics, then this job is for you. Apply today!
PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this job is to partner with internal stakeholders to plan, test, and implement all software changes to ensure that products conform to the desired quality standard and are accountable for defects and ensuring that systems are operational and “client ready”. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing automated scripts. This position exists to ensure design quality while making sure that the software adheres to quality standards for testing all software products that are either built in-house or configured on the cloud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Completes moderate to high complexity initiatives within one or more development environments.
- Works with team to review functional and non-functional requirements, and specification and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans, and coordinates test activities.
- Identifies, records, thoroughly documents, and track bugs.
- Works closely with business users, business analysts, and developers to understand features and create robust comprehensive test plans to verify functionality.
- Partners with the Development team to perform test via standards based on APIs for communicating between applications.
- Tracks quality assurance metrics including reporting on pre-defined KPI, defect densities, and open defects counts.
- Conducts exploratory testing and acceptance of new features as part of a story-driven Agile development process.
- Executes and maintains automated regression test suites using open source tools.
- Follows standards in accordance with company policy and regulation (MAR, HIPAA, ISO 2700, ISO 27001, etc.).
Develops detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Develops and applies testing processes to new and existing products to meet stakeholders’ needs.
- Develops testing strategy and user acceptance testing test plans.
- Defines and develops automated solutions to expedite testing to address unit testing, regression testing, negative testing, and bug retests
- Participates in setting up, configuring, and maintaining automated testing environments in a continuous integration setting.
- Participates throughout the design and development process, analyzing features to point out weaknesses or inconsistencies.
Becomes a subject matter expert for a single business area or technical product.
- Coaches one or more junior team members.
- Delivers quality process training to technical staff.
- Acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Partners with distributed teams, outside vendors, or offshore testing partners.
- Maintains automated test harnesses and libraries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or similar) and/or equivalent work experience. At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position with a minimum of 3 years of systems development, testing and/or relevant business experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certificated Software Test Engineer (CSTE) or International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) preferred. CP-SAT Selenium Automation Testing certification preferred. Foundation level API certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Works in an agile manner and must be flexible to changing priorities. Strong communication and collaboration skills; organized and detail oriented. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Has the ability to learn, analyze, and interpret technical documentation such as software requirements, detailed designs, flow charts and database schemas. Must have a customer-service mentality and the ability to resolve or avoid conflict to enable a team approach. Must have experience presenting to teams and stakeholders. A general understanding of the software development life cycle processes and of different testing methodologies and proper application; has some experience analyzing requirements to reduce ambiguity and increase testability. Has experience developing and reviewing test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
Ability to anticipate user behavior or risks to systems; ability to work independently. Knowledge of insurance industry best practices and business workflows a plus. Ability to query and use data to enhance testing approach/scope; automation feasibility definition and hands-on execution experience. Experience mentoring junior QE team member. Ability to validate data transformations and perform End-to-End validations for ETL/ API enabled integrated systems. Has a strong understanding of software quality concepts and brings systems thinking to testing. Brings analytical rigor in solving problems. Provides positive influence through behavior, actions and communications. Works effectively in both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall (for specific external vendor-led efforts) frameworks. Has the ability to work effective working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams. Has the ability to quickly understand and gain domain knowledge in highly complex existing application and architecture.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasionally the work environment may be loud.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level with the following additional competencies: Initiative, Learning Agility and Influence