In order to ensure high quality and to provide its precise evaluation, various techniques and methodologies will be applied. Software Quality Assurance (Software QA) and Software Testing guarantee a high level of software quality. These terms are interrelated, but they are not interchangeable and substitutable.
The main aim of every software development procedure is to ensure a high quality of a ready product with the end user’s satisfied, customer’s requirements met, and business goals achieved. Quality is an essential attribute of every software product.
The relationship between QA and Software Testing has a hierarchical nature. At the top of the pyramid is QA. The main aim is to plan and establish the process of quality evaluation. As a part of Software Testing is a way to gather information about software quality in order to check the results of implemented QC processes.
- It is a set of methods and activities designed to ensure that the developed software corresponds to all the specifications, ex., SRS, FRS, and BRS. It is a planned strategy of the testing process evaluation aimed at the quality product yield. QA should be one of our responsibility. It also deals more with the management stuff: methods and techniques of development, project analysis, checklists, etc.
- The focus of QA is on the process of quality assessment, including its plan, arrangement, and establishment. The main aim is to ensure that the optimized and effective ways of ensuring the expected quality of a ready product.
- QA works out ways to prevent possible bugs in the process of software development.
- QA assists not in detecting issues but in their preventing. It is a proactive way of quality verification.
- QA is integrated into a software development lifecycle (SDLC). Also, it requires involvement if the whole project team.
More About Software QA
- QA is a set of activities for ensuring quality in software engineering processes (that ultimately result in quality in software products). The activities establish and evaluate the processes that produce products.
- QA is process-oriented. Ensuring the processes used to manage and create deliverables work to prevent defects.
- QA also uses audits and metrics as tools to monitor these processes.
- It is more focused on managing the product life cycle and verifying that the software meets the defined quality standards or customer agreements.
- QA enhances the quality via improvement of the development process, and testing enhances it via finding bugs.
- QA is an activity to ensure that an organization is providing the best possible product or service to customers.
- It focuses on improving the processes to deliver Quality Products to the customer. An organization has to ensure that processes are efficient and effective as per the quality standards defined for software products.
- QA plays a crucial role in business by ensuring that products meet certain thresholds of acceptability. They plan to direct, or coordinate quality assurance programs and formulate quality control policies. They also work to improve an organization’s efficiency and profitability by reducing waste.
- Software Testing is a process of verifying different attributes of a system and aspects of its usage in order to make sure that the product operates as you expect it to be and that it does not perform any functions that it is not supposed to conduct. Testing is a part of QC. It includes various techniques that are able to detect software issues. Besides, the goal of Software Testing is also to make sure the detected bugs are fully fixed without any side effects.
- Software Testing is also a way of exploring the system to check how it operates and find possible defects. We use various methods to test the product, locate bugs, and check if we are able to fix them.
- Software Testing also enables customers with the possibility to see if the developed product meets their expectations on its design, compatibility, functioning, etc.
- Software Testing also works out ways to break the software (aiming to check the system); it is a complex and crucial process. Testing is product-oriented, time-limited, and reports to the QC process.
- Testing is a subset of QC. It is the process of executing a system in order to detect bugs in the product so that we can fix them.
- Software Testing is an integral part of QC as it helps demonstrate that the product runs the way it is expected and designed for.
- Software testing is a process to evaluate the functionality of a software application with an intent to find whether the software you develop meets the specific requirements or not and to identify the defects to ensure that the product is error-free in order to produce the quality product.
- It can also provide an objective, independent view of the software to allow the business to appreciate and understand the risks of software implementation.
- Software Testing involves the execution of a software component or system component to evaluate one or more properties of interest.
- It can also provide objective, independent information about the quality of software and risk of its failure to users or sponsors.
- You may conduct software testing as soon as executable software (even if partially complete) exists. The overall approach to software development often determines when and how you conduct the testing.
- Software Testing process can produce several artifacts. The actual artifacts we produce are factors of the software development model we use, stakeholder, and organizational needs.
- Software Testing can determine the correctness of software under the assumption of some specific hypotheses; testing cannot identify all the defects within the software.
Wrapping it Up
Having analyzed these two notions, we can compare them according to their aim, focus, definition, activity type, and orientation. QA controls the Software Testing process and verifies that software is able to work under the set of conditions. Software Testing concentrates on case studying, their implementation, and evaluation.
Also, Software QA and Software Testing work in the same direction and focus on product quality. Professional attitude towards the common goal, together with strong communication, will ensure the realization of the stated goal.