In this role you will be responsible for solving complex quality issues, perform and analyze root causes of failures and create corrective action plans. Authorize a recall if necessary.
Analyze the product and authorize or restrict the use of suspect product for Production and for sale to customers. Evaluate the impact of these decisions on production stoppages and customer requirements. Plan and manage the seamless introduction of new products from the design phase to volume production.
Create and ensure project launch schedules, coordinate regular launch status meetings, prepare and control all product related master data, create manufacturing work instructions and implement line balancing, advise the design team regarding manufacturability, train employees, coordinate the construction of engineering prototypes, etc.
Plan and coordinate requests for customer specified product.
Evaluate product design, develop necessary procedures/processes, establish customer promise
dates, etc. Create and manage processes essential to assure product quality.
Analyze quality data and trends.
Create quality performance reports for customers and for internal use. Interface with customers to determine root causes of failures. Communicate corrective actions to customers.
Consult on the design of factory equipment and factory layouts.
Consult on the design of packing methods for shipment of products according to ISTA standards
Lead ISO and customer audits. Oversee and train internal auditor base. Control internal activities and execute external audits that relate to certification agencies such as UL, CE, TUV, etc. Communicate and follow-up with auditing agencies and customers to resolve open issues.
Plan and lead supplier audit teams and evaluate/authorize new suppliers for use. Conduct regular supplier quality meetings, and evaluate overall supplier quality.
Oversee departmental budgets for production related capital projects and factory expenses. Manage capital implementation projects according to budget. Typical budgets range from $10K to $200K, with total engineering budgets in excess of ~$1M annually.
B.S. degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Quality Engineering.
Strong knowledge and practical experience with mechanical design principles. Ability to develop, read, and comprehends complex mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and all related tolerances. Advanced knowledge gained from actual experience with mechanical fabrication processes (i.e. sheet metal fabrication and finishing principles including painting and plating, welding, die casting, turning, and stamping, as well as cabling assemblies). Must have strong knowledge and practical experience with UL/cUL/CE, JIS, NEMA, or other International standards and protocols. Strong knowledge of ISTA packaging compliance standards related to Drop and Vibration Testing.
- 5 year(s): Minimum 5+ years of engineering experience in an ISO certified manufacturing environment. Expert knowledge of business operations including production planning, scheduling, MRP, ATP and capacity planning.Individual will have a thorough understanding of Product Data Management and its impact onSupply Chain Management. Experience with manufacturing concepts such as factory layout, line balancing, workflow analysis, employee training and cost analysis, etc.
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
This post was originally published here.