Job Description :
As a Software Automation Engineer in Test, you will have an opportunity to develop and improve automated testing strategies of our state-of-the-art field development planning, simulator and reservoir engineering workflows. You will also be part of shaping the future of our products in a cloud environment while working in a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and domain experts with the goal of continuous deployment.
- Develop automated tests to reduce manual verification on existing features, with the target of full automated test validation
- Maintain existing automated tests and automated builds for integration and staging environments
- Be part of the development team and work closely with software developers, project manager and product owner to define feature specification
- Apply different testing strategies to evaluate new feature delivery
- Write manual test cases targeting user workflows
- Record issues found on integration/staging environments and verify fixes
- Actively communicate/collaborate with other testers, developers and operation engineers to identify or verify issues
Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science (recent graduate with less than 2 years of experience).
Alternatively, Bachelors or Masters in any STEM Disciplines with 1 to 3 years programming experience.
- Knowledge about or experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
- Knowledge of test automation builds and automate testing of key user workflows
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices relevant to web development
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies like Kanban / SCRUM
- A passion for science and engineering excellence and knowledge of test automation, agile project development, and bug and change management
- Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a Quality Culture
- Able to understand, modify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
- Knowledge about or Experience in using or developing open source test tools and test frameworks
- Knowledge about or Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
- Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Familiarity or experience with one or more of the following would be a plus:
- Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences and blog post
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Git source control
This post was originally published here.