Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company’s inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we’re going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won’t stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Today, police agencies are purchasing drones to support with use cases like search and rescue, tactical operations, accident scene reconstruction and first responder capabilities, but they are doing so by cobbling together a set of tools that were built for other industries such as construction or agriculture. Axon Air looks to solve that by building a purpose built set of tools specifically for public safety, with a view towards minimizing the need for a specially trained pilot to operate a drone so it can be made available throughout an agency while letting officers focus on their job of protecting our communities.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the Axon Air team, it will be your job to ensure that the tools we build meet the high quality bar our customers expect and “just work.” Drone hardware is complex and each device has unique characteristics so our software must be robust and handle these differences without impact on the end user. Ultimately, you will own the testing practices and frameworks that get us there. This isn’t just a sit-at-your desk job, we expect you to take our product out into the real world and fly the drones using our software.
We’re a small team with a start-up mentality so we need someone who is flexible and willing to jump in where needed to help us make Axon Air a success.
Sound exciting? Check out this short video to learn more about what we’re building, and apply now to join our team as we make this a reality
- Develop automation test framework to increase the test coverage for end to end test, smoke test, functional test and regression test
- Bench testing of software application
- Real world flight-testing utilizing Axon Air software application
- Developing compatibility and test matrix for software with drone hardware
- Own quality standards
- Own issue reporting templates
- Point of contact for support escalation
- 3+ years of experience in automation testing
- Experience with automated testing for iOS and Android devices
- Willingness to do hands-on manual testing
- Experience building test plans and writing test cases
- A scrappy and collaborative do-what-it-takes mentality
- Excitement for working with drones
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification or Pilot License
- Python, Swift or Kotlin programming experience
- Experience using metrics (e.g. DataDog, Splunk) to triage and investigate failure scenarios
- Previous experience working on software and hardware integrated solutions
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more…
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This was first posted here.