What do we know about website testing? This article will be sharing a few information about website testing.
What is Web Testing
Web testing is responsible for checking if a software application’s design and functionality is correct. This factor is instrumental in giving end-users the best experience. Web testing makes sure that users get the security and performance that they expect.
Web testing checks the website for bugs. Once a website is contaminated with bugs, its function and performance is affected. Web testing makes sure that any update on software applications are implemented. Likewise, that end users enjoy using the updates.
Checklist for Website Testing
- Functionality Testing – This is used in checking if your product conforms with the specifications you intended for it. As well as the functional requirements you charted out for it in your developmental documentation.
- Usability Testing – This may be carried out by testers or a small focus group similar to the target audience of the web application.
- Interface Testing – The test system response when the connection between application, web, and database cannot be established in interface testing.
- Compatibility Testing – Compatibility tests make sure that the web application displays correctly across different devices.
- Performance Testing – This will make sure that the website functions even under different loads. The activities in performance testing is not limited to several factors. For instance, response time, load testing, stress tests, ability to recover from application crash, and optimization techniques.
- Security Testing – This is vital for an e-commerce website that stores sensitive customer information like credit cards.
Website Testing Benefits
- Website testing makes sure that the site works as it should, and as expected.
- It also ensures that the website displays properly on all devices, including mobile devices.
- It ensures that the website is accessible. Poor accessibility can lead to poor image for the product or brand.
- Website testing also verifies the compatibility of the site with cross-browsers.In other words, it opens to any format, as different users use different browsers for websites.
- It monitors the performance of the website, making sure that it functions properly.
- SEO is important in every website. Therefore, website testing makes sure that the SEO is working properly.
- Securing the website is another goal of website testing. Cyber attacks are rampant in these times. Therefore, testing the website regularly will make sure that it stays safe and secure for its visitors and prospective clients.
Today, a lot of people base their decisions on the internet. What they often do is search the internet for possible solutions to specific situations and make decisions based on it. This makes websites compulsory for all kinds of businesses. Hence, a website must be relevant, safe, and secure to stay in the market.
An attractive website can get the attention of web users. However, it does not start and end there. Then there is maintenance and update of your site. However, if you test your site regularly and have excellent maintenance, then you will not have that much problem with your website.