1. Position Summary
Amadeus is where the innovative solutions of tomorrow’s travel are being imagined, designed and developed.
Amadeus is the leading provider of IT solutions to the worldwide travel and tourism industry. We are seeking highly motivated and talented professionals who enjoy technical challenges and are eager to design and deliver IT solutions that impact the business, social, and human facets of the travel industry.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (QA) to join our R&D Travel and Expense team.
At Amadeus, you will grow your career alongside some of the best technical minds in the world, delivering mission-critical high-availability systems. Our teams work regularly with colleagues of different cultures in international markets, creating solutions that shape the travel industry.
As part of the Boston (Waltham) Travel and Expense team, you will be working in closely with other R&D groups, product management teams, commercial teams, and our regional customers to provide solutions to some of the largest corporations and travel agencies across the world. In particular, you will be at the heart of exciting projects aiming at distributing the content (flights, hotels, cars, ancillary services etc.) and building reliable and highly available self booking tools and expense management systems.
Our highly skilled Quality Assurance Engineers collaborate with developers, technical business analysts, Product management to define, design, and deliver high-quality and innovative solutions for self booking tools (search, pricing, booking, seats and ancillaries). We are looking for QA who are able to
2. Job Duties
Software Quality Validation
* Active contributor for the project, product or release quality control
* Define test cases from customer’s requirements. Ensure traceability with specifications
* Write test plan (functional and/or non functional and/or non regression), Design test cases
* Integrate within an Agile team
* Prepare test environment and test data, and execute the test cases
* Provide go/no-go for the test campaign of the Agile team, being new functionality testing or regression testing. Focus on being the Quality Assurance representative for the team in their delegation in the Agile Team
* Provide information to developers in order to fix defects. Perform bug fix verification
* Active contributor of the Quality documentation and processes for the QA team process governance
* Responsible for reporting and communicating on test activities to the line organization, software developers and product
* Ensure improvement of non regression test repository
* Active contributor in proposing improvement solutions for the QA team”
Creating Automated Test Campaigns
* Using Selenium defining appropriate automated test campaigns.
* Implement automated test strategy
* Report and communicate on test activities to the line organization, software developers and product definitions analysts.
* Ensure the high quality of Amadeus products to upgrade customers’ experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field or relevant
Relevant work experience
5-7 years of Quality Assurance Engineer experience
Knowledge of travel industry is a plus
Strong experience with manual and automated testing
Experience with Selenium testing
Experience and knowledge of the following: XML, JSON, GIT, TestNG and SQL
Knowledge of software design and validation
Strong analysis and problem solving skills
Fluent English is a must. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
ISTQB, Agile and Waterfall experience/knowledge preferred
Travel industry knowledge is a plus
• Strong team player with collaborative mindset
• Fast, thorough and autonomous learner who also understands prioritization
• Innovative thinker
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to express ideas and opinions clearly, both in verbal and written format
• Ability to identify and resolve project issues quickly and effectively
• Interested in, and eager to learn new technologies and methodologies
• Ability to maintain a proactive and positive attitude in a fast paced, changing environment
• Thrives in a multi-cultural, global organization
This post was originally published here.