3M is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist , located in Maplewood, MN to provide Quality support to products and continuous improvement programs in the Consumer Health Care Division (CHC). The Consumer Health Care Division is an exciting growth business and a market leader in many product categories. Be part of what’s next!
Job Summary :
CHC operates in an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulated environment with an excellent brand and quality reputation. The Quality Engineer will work and interact significantly with other cross functional team members (lab, plant manufacturing, MTD, regulatory, clinical, etc.). This position can provide a great opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as an employee.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Member of quality improvement projects to reduce costs and reduce customer complaints.
- Providing QA support for assigned CHC products and business processes.
- Assessing and validating test methods and assist in performing cross-over studies.
- Monitoring and analyzing shelf life and stability studies to set and validate our product claims.
- Assure compliance to internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and external regulations.
- Representing the customer, evaluating customer complaints and issues, samples and trends, and assist in determining the necessary action plans
- Interacting with and supporting our plant manufacturing locations.
- Helping to drive and foster a quality environment and mindset throughout the business.
- Willingness to travel to plant sites as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of combined experience working in a quality, engineering, or lab/technical function
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Statistics, Chemistry or Microbiology from an accredited institution
- Test method development and/or validation experience
- Previous experience participating in QA efforts on product teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Location : Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic or international travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
This job was first published here.